Marcus Clarke Answers Your Questions About Anglicanism Reloaded II
23 February 2016
So Marcus what is Anglicans Reloaded II ?
It's many things; a convention, a day of teaching, discussion, and learning that will begin and end with worship. It's a way to bring your ideas and questions and perspectives. This years theme is "How Do We See Jesus". The purpose of the event is to explore social issues that challenge us to respond meaningfully and faithfully and as such, to equip Anglican Christians to confidently live their faith and to be agents of transformation.
So where and when will it take place?
On Sunday 28th, February at Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain from 9am to 6pm.
So what's on the Agenda?
It starts with a Eucharistic Service at 9am. There will be a special keynote address by Professor Kortright Davis. There will be lunch and an afternoon discussion and plenary session and finally we wrap up with closing worship at about 5.30pm. Check our the official info sheet for more details about the programme.
So tell me more about Professor Kortright Davis?
D.H. Kortright Davis, Ph.D., is professor of Theology at Howard University School of Divinity. He is also the Rector of Holy Comforter Episcopal Church Washington DC. He was born in the West Indies, on the Island of Antigua. He trained for the Anglican priesthood at Codrington College. In addition to serving as a consultant to several other ecclesiastical bodies, Anglican dioceses, and academic institutions, he is a member of the Faith & Order Commission of the World Council of Churches. He is a published author of several of books including:
- Emancipation Still Coming
- Compassionate Love and Ebony Grace: Christian Altruism and People of Color
- Serving With Power: Reviving the Spirit of Christian Ministry
Here's a video that will give us a taste of what Dr Davis is all about. He's is interviewed along with Dr. Felder on a radio show in Barbados.
What are some of the Topics/Ideas to be discussed at Anglicanism Reloaded II?
- How do we see Jesus in the most vulnerable among us (women, children, teen mothers & fathers, the differently abled, domestic violence survivors, addicts, persons living with HIV)
- Jesus in matters of sexuality
- How do we see Jesus in our dealings on matters of social justice
- How do we see Jesus in our Youth and their place in shaping and leading the Church
What about kids, have you made any arrangements for them?
There is a Children's Activity Area to engage young Anglicans between 4-12
What else can I expect?
- Memorabilia will be on sale on the day.
- Tee-shirts and polos are to be preordered – Adults Polos $75 Adult Tees $50 Children’s Tees $45 (a limited supply on sale on the day)
- Lunch to be preordered - $50 (chicken, vegetarian or fish). A limited supply will be on sale on the day. But Feel free to walk with your own lunch
Sounds good! How do I register to participate?
Register at your Regional Office, Parish office or online. The Registration Coordinator, Annmarie Allsop can also assist. Contact her at 487-9463 or email@example.com. You can also contact our Regional Coordinators as follows:
- Pamela Redhead (South) 480-5829
- Roslyn Noel (North West) 629-1651, 681-8451
- Claudia Hercules (North East) 663-9533, 762-7794
- Sandrez Guy-Winchester (Tobago) 639-2972, 497-5145
Remember you can also register online.
Anything else you want to say Marcus?
- Here's the link to our Facebook Group
- Please download a copy of the the Official Anglicanism Reloaded II Info Sheet.
- Share this flyer with your friends.